Chapter House Window Mouse Pad - Convento de Cristo
Mouse pad, inspired by a detail of the Chapter Window, a construction attributed to Diogo de Arruda (14??-1513), dating from the 16th century (1510-1513).
The windows of the Manueline vestry, also known as the Capitulum House. were initially three but only two remain now: One, to the south, is visible from the Main Cloister where as the remaining one, of the western façade is famously known as the Capitulum Window.
Sided by two gigantic buttresses, or botaréus, this window is ornamented by an exuberant figurative universe, filled with maritime themes - the wood, the ropes, the buoys, etc - the Order insignia - the heraldic cross, the armillary sphere, the kingdom´s coat of arms - and symbolic figures associated to the mystique of the Spiritual Cavalry and to the role the Order of Christ played in the enterprise of the Discoveries.
Convento de Cristo
Size: 210 x 190 x 3 mm
Buy now+ Add to basket